If you read this blog yesterday you already know that Dog Leader Mysteries gave us a great vote of confidence by awarding us for our work on this blog. We see this as great praise and inspiration. It has inspired us to pass this inspiration on to other bloggers as well.
By doing this we hope to encourage more bloggers to help dog owners around the corner and around the world by offering them quality instruction, information and guidance. We will be calling ours: The “Pawlitzer Prize” Award.
This award will hopefully bring some added attention to some great but, lesser-known blogs too.
The rules for the “Pawlitzer Prize” Award are very simple.
- Nominated Blogs must contain at least 80% dog related content.
- Nominated Blogs must be active and post new items at least once per week.
- Nominated Blogs must have “G” or “PG” content that is acceptable reading for children as well as adults.
- As a way to promote all of the blog sites, we would appreciate it if nominees and winners provide a link back to this blog. It will not only promote each blog, it will also serve to make all of the blog sites more visible to Google, Yahoo and the other major search engines. This will bring more traffic to all of our blogs.
- Copy & paste our award image (above) on your blog with a link back to iowadogtrust.wordpress.com This will insure that your blog will be eligible for our Annual Award Drawing.
You may also want to consider creating a “top five blogs” list of your own. Let people know about blogs that you feel are important or interesting. After you reveal your “top five” picks, let them know about it by leaving a comment on their blog.
Our First Five “Pawlitzer Prize” Award Nominees are:
People For Animals is one of our favorite blogs because each article is designed to educate, update and inform readers (Iowans and non-Iowans alike) on animal laws, stories and events, in hopes to get the ball rolling for tougher legislation to protect our companion animals. Education is the key to getting this problems solved.
An Excellent blog about the trials and tribulations of training a service dog named Bambi. The owner hopes to someday help veterans train their own dogs but at the moment she is learning and documenting the training of Bambi.
Deborah Taylor-French writes mysteries for children; full of animal rescue and positive dog leadership. She has taught as a guest artist for California’s Artists in the Schools, led numerous teacher workshops and has raised five adopted dogs. She is also the one who provide the inspiration for this award!
This blog celebrates and discusses all things doggie in Eastern Iowa and the Midwest. It includes Announcements and events about local and regional dog happenings, Stories about her dogs and other dogs she encounters as well as suggestions for places to go (walks or getaways), for people/dogs to see, and dog-related things to check out.
Wayward Dogs is the bloggers attempt to keep track of — and if possible help – the lost and wandering dogs that she encounters. It’s also about a human search for meaning and community. It’s about sniffing around and scoping out the surroundings. It’s about venturing off (and on) trails of conventional living.
Please take a few minutes to visit each of these great blog sites and leave a comment for them.
We will be adding more nominees as the year goes by. So if you have a dog blog, just “Follow” this blog, or “Like” one of our blog posts and you will automatically be added to our list to be considered for future Pawlitzer Prize Nomination. We are also working on some sort of prize giveaway or reward of some kind for our Annual Pawlitzer Prize Award. We’ll announce it at a later date.
- Five Animal Blogs I Dig (dogleadermysteries.com)